Depression Quiz: How many of the following symptoms have you felt in the past 2 weeks?
- Little or no interest in activities
- Weight gain or loss (at least five pounds)
- Change of appetite
- Trouble sleeping
- Feeling tired or loss of energy
- Feelings of guilt or worthlessness
- Trouble concentrating
- Sense of hopelessness
- Limited future outlook
- Preoccupation with suicide or death
Answer: If you experienced 5 or more of these symptoms, talk to your doctor or other health care provider, you may be suffering from depression.
Alcohol Use Quiz: 10 questions about drinking.
- Do you lose time from work due to drinking?
- Is drinking making your home life unhappy?
- Do you drink because you are shy with other people?
- Have you ever felt remorse after drinking?
- Have you had financial difficulties as a result of drinking?
- Do you turn to inferior companions and environments when drinking?
- Has your ambition decreased since drinking?
- Do you crave a drink at a definite time daily?
- Do you want a drink the next morning?
- Do you drink to escape worries or trouble?
There are many tests online for PTSD it is generally best that this diagnosis be left to those who have credentials and experience with working with individuals that have been exposed to trauma and been diagnosed with PTSD: post-traumatic stress disorder. PTSD generally occurs if someone was exposed to a life threatening event, trauma, be it in combat or otherwise. If you are someone that was, and you haven’t seen a professional, I highly recommend that you do see a professional counselor and have an assessment completed. You owe it to yourself. Unlike alcoholism, which is a self diagnosed disease. Post-traumatic stress disorder is a clinical diagnosis that is generally only assigned after several diagnostic criteria are met. Please note that PTSD does not define who you are or where you can go with your life. PTSD is simply a diagnosis. The severity of which is as individual as each of us is unique. If you were military go to the Vet Center or VA, If you are a civilian, go to your nearest clinic or contact me. The important thing is that you identify, diagnose, and treat yourself to the best possible life.
The results of these questionnaires are not conclusive. If you are concerned with your results or want more information feel free to contact me: Kevin@DrKevinOBrien.com
or call me at 212- 539-3710.